Sunday, May 13, 2012

Preparing for Mt. Pulag

I know Mt. Pulag is not just another mountain to climb mainly because of the climate so proper preparation must be done! Challenge accepted!

Since I have so many activities planned in the following weeks, I want this trip to be as cheap as possible without compromising health and safety. Of course I want to enjoy this experience!

So here's the list of things I need:
Trekking Bag
Sleeping Bag
Thick Jacket (Thermal/Fleece/Down)
Rain Coat/Jacket
Sweater
Dri-fit Shirts
Sweatpants
Quick Drying Shorts
Arm Warmer
Leg Warmer
Rubber/Trekking Shoes
Gloves
Bonnet
Underwear
Flashlight
Garbage Bags
Plastic Bags (for water proofing things in the bag)

So I checked my things which I already have.

Of course, I have underwear. I have dri-fit shirts, quick drying shorts, rubber shoes, bonnet, flashlight, plastic bags. Ooof! I still have a lot on my list.

I wanted to complete the list as early as possible so I wouldn't have to cram. I decided to go to Robinson's Galleria last week and visited the Sandugo store. They have everything there except for the leg warmer. Unfortunately, trekking/mountaineering gear isn't cheap. In fact, they're expensive. The only thing I was able to get was the arm warmer which I scored for P550.00.


Lucky for me, I have some friends who are mountaineers. I was able to borrow some stuff.

Trekking Bag c/o Mike Tan

Sleeping Bag c/o Mike Tan

I got my sweat pants yesterday for P600.00.

SM Department Store Sweatpants

To be updated...

0 comments:

Post a Comment