Friday, April 3, 2015

Tools for the Kitchen Enthusiast

My friends know that I like basketball and basketball shoes. My friends know that I used to play the guitar. My friends know that I am a photography enthusiast and is now a professional wedding photographer. But only a few know that I also like cooking.

Cooking for me is a time to take away my mind from the daily stress of life. It allows me to just focus on the task at hand which is to cook. It doesn't hurt that I can do whatever I want in the kitchen and I'll be able to eat delicious food afterwards.

Here's the recent one I cooked:

Prawn Coconut Curry



In order to cook amazing dishes, of course I need my kitchen tools. I'm currently building my set. I have a 7-inch Santoku knife, an 8-inch chef's knife, a chopping board, a honing steel, and a non-stick pan.

Santoku Knife, Chef's Knife, and Chopping Board

I know I still lack a lot but I think I'll be able to improvise on some occasions. I still need a pairing knife, a bread/slicing knife, and a smaller non-stick pan (because what I have is a bit large). I also don't have an oven so I can't cook some of the dishes I want to try. I'll try to get them all this year. Slowly but surely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment