Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This Year's List


Every year, I make a list of my new year’s resolution. I can’t remember what exactly were included in my lists for the past years but I know my list this year is unique compared to the former. Also, every year, my resolutions would only last up to the third or fourth week of January. After that, I completely forget about it. It’s not that I stop doing them intentionally, I just……forget. I thought maybe I should post it somewhere that I normally visit so I would always remember. I can’t find a better place to post this list than my blog site.

This year, I decided to focus on what I’ve been ignoring for a very long time now, my health. This consciousness came about when I heard news everywhere about young people dying because of high blood pressure. Some refer to this as the silent killer. You won’t notice it if you’re not careful enough and then…BOOM!...it hits you. Some of you may know that I have a high blood pressure. This is the reason why I was struck by the chain of events that I heard. I have to start to live right today.


More after the jump.


My Three Simple Rules for 2010
  • Train right
  • Sleep right
  • Eat Right 





Train Right. For the past years, I’ve been hitting the gym from time to time. When I was still in the college, I would always work out during summer vacations and then stop whenever school starts. I resume to work out on sem breaks then stop again when school starts. I stopped working out because there were so many requirements that I have to accomplish for my classes. Since I’m presently working already, I control my time before 8am and after 6pm. That means it’s up to me what I want to do with my free time. I will hit the gym at least thrice a week. Lack of exercise will make me gain more weight which is a probable cause of my hypertension. 








Sleep Right. If you’re one of those people who are still up at around 2am (let’s say on a non-working day), then you’ve probably seen me still online on YM. I sleep late even when there’s nothing else to do. I just surf the net and watch series or movies. On a regular working day, I usually sleep at around 1am. I’m supposed to wake-up at 6:30am so I won’t be late for work. That means only five and a half hours of sleep for me. Not good. Noooooot good. I will sleep at 10:30pm every night.


Eat Right. I eat rice, I eat meat, I eat vegetables, I eat fruits, I drink water, I drink juice, and I drink milk. I eat almost everything. The problem is I eat a lot. I’m having a hard time eating less. I experience headaches every now and then if I don’t eat a lot. A lot for me would start at two cups of rice and two servings of viand. Anything less was considered inadequate. Lately, I was able to lessen my food intake. I hope I would be able to sustain this especially since I’ll be hitting the gym thrice a week.

Photos courtesy of:
www.sxc.hu
www.blog.elfster.com
www.affiliates.art.com

4 comments:

charmieness said...

Ever since ayaw mag-on ng laptop ko, i usually sleep at 1030. Bawasan mo rin ang pag-internet! Haha.

nardz said...

Kumusta naman? Maganda ba effect sayo? :p Hindi ko ata kaya bawasan internet pag weekdays. Wala na ako ibang magawa. TV na lang and...TV lang. Haha! Pag naayos laptop mo babalik ka rin sa dating gawi =))

charmieness said...

Haha masaya na ko na maaga ako natutulog! Ayoko na bumalik sa dating bisyo. :))

Wag ka rin kasi mag-TV. Dapat pag-uwi mo, pagod na pagod ka na para derecho tulog. =p

nardz said...

pagod naman na ako from the commute eh. haha! pag start na ako maggym pagod na ako for sure :)

Post a Comment