Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Intro to Strobes

Since I was asked to do a product photoshoot for my current employer, I was offered the privilege of using the mini studio in the office. Note that this was my first time to use 'big lights' for my own shoot. I was able to test some strobes before but it wasn't my shoot.


Here's my lighting set-up:
shoot set-up
1 Visatec Solo 800 B with softbox right (key) at around 1/4
1 Visatec Solo 800 B with reflective umbrella left at around 1/6
Pretty simple set-up.


More inside



If you saw my rant status messages in YM at one point last month, this was probably the reason for it. It's not because of the task itself because I really enjoyed the shoot. It's because I was asked to do a lot of stuff that should have been done by at least two people. I mean, photoshoot, editing the pictures, editing the video, add to that tons of revisions...Hey, I'm just human. The result? A mediocre presentation. All was rushed. But it was good enough for the time given to me. Special thanks to my very sweet girlfriend who helped me edit the photos and the video. We were up all night for two consecutive nights. Thanks for this baby! I couldn't have done this without you.


Anyway, here are some of my sample shots.














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one!
akalain mong sobrang mahal pala ng mga visatec strobes haha

jo said...

good job nardz! dapat double na salary mo. imagine their savings! :p

nardz said...

rj: thanks bro! hehe oo nga eh. nakakalula. well, since palaging may photoshoot, kailangan nila talaga ng reliable strobes. hehehe.

nardz said...

jo: salamat jojo! oo nga eh. or at least additional pay. haha! all around ako na gumawa! :p di pa ako natulog for 2 consecutive nights! haha!

Post a Comment