Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry

Something interesting happened today in the office…we ate lunch at Saisaki! It was my two bosses’ treat to us for their recent promotion. Congratulations! There were a lot of food to choose from. Being the usual takaw tingin that I am, I squeezed in as much sushi, maki, and sashimi as I can on one of my plates. Yes, plates. I got fried rice, baked salmon, katsu, and breaded kani on my other plate. I also ordered bottomless iced tea, which comes with a free stuffed toy! Surprisingly, while I was finishing my first batch, I was full already. My plates weren’t even that big. How can this be? I used to finish six servings of rice in Tokyo Tokyo. I just ate a small bowl of noodles and a puto this morning so I can’t still be full. Has my stomach gotten smaller? Haha! I wish! I was a bit productive today compared last week. I got so many calls!! Grrr! I hate using the phone. I’d prefer speaking to them in person than converse over the phone. I also don’t like speaking to people before lunch. I’m still sleepy. Haha! Tomorrow will be an adventure day. We have a plant tour! Oh yeah! We’ll visit three plantations in San Fernando. I’m out of the office once again. I always look forward to these kinds of activities. I like to travel. I like being mobile. I don’t like being idle. Consequently, I don’t like being stuck in the office. I don’t like working 8 hours a day in my office table. Anyway, going back to the plant tour, we’ll first be visiting a beer plantation. We’ll be able to taste freshly brewed beer! Yeeeaaaahh meeeenn! According to the plant manager, it’s very good. I’m excited! Next stop is a beverage plantation. I think we’ll be sampling juices here. Third will be a recycling plant. It’s a plant where you recycle things. Err…But mostly PET bottles. I should know this because I handle this business. Haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment