Friday, August 14, 2009

Plantation Tour

The trip to the three San Fernando plants was just what I needed to be inspired again. I saw the difference between the environment there and the environment in the head office, where I work. I must say that working in the head office is easier because we don’t have to get involved with the operations. But I want to try working there for a short period just for the experience of it. I’m not ready to leave my city life, at least not yet. I’ll get bored with the lifestyle of the people there. I think it’s too simple. Correct me if I’m wrong, that’s just my impression. Maybe, when I get old, I’d prefer that kind of life too. I don’t know. But for now, while I’m still young, I want to remain here in the city with my family and friends. Going back to what I was saying, I was inspired again, mainly because I felt more involved in the company. I felt I was an important part of it. That’s what our president always says, that every employee is vital for the success of the company. It didn’t strike me when I first heard it. Only when I was immersed more in the company did I really understand the meaning behind those words. The plant managers and the other staff introduced themselves to us. I recognize some of the names because I encountered them when I was reviewing a capital expenditure application. One even mentioned that I processed the project he submitted. It gave me a good feeling when I saw that even though we’re miles away from each other, we are working and operating in conjunction with each other. Anyway, the staff was very welcoming and I did appreciate their preparation for our arrival. Everything was in order and they presented the processes in a way that a person not specializing in their line of work would easily understand. I think that was one of the most important things they did for us. Another interesting part of the trip was our lunch! Wooot wooot! Buffet lunch for us again. This time, it was all Filipino food. The food was very good and it was unhealthy! Haha! Yes, very unhealthy. Imagine eating unlimited chicharon bulaklak and all its cholesterol. Add to that unlimited regular chicharon. It’s a good thing they didn’t have lechon. I might not get out of there alive if they did. Haha! I slept most of the time on the road. I stayed up late the night before so I made up for my lack of sleep. It’s a good thing our van was the Toyota Hi-Ace Super Grandia. We had separate seats so I didn’t have to worry about falling asleep on someone. I was a bit disappointed though with the travel time. We only traveled for an hour! Is San Fernando really that close? I felt I just went to Alabang. The trip back was better because we were stuck in traffic upon reaching EDSA. Haha! The trip was just what I expected. It was very informative for us who are working in the head office. We’ll have a better understanding now when reviewing and processing some of their requests. You may notice that I didn’t relay concrete things I learned from the trip. That’s because it’s top secret. Haha! Sorry no pictures too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment